Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breaking down the title.

Aside from trying to be funny and pull from the all too familiar phrase, my blog title refers to my nasty disposition to put off books because I don't feel like reading them. As a kid I enjoyed all kinds of books and literature was such a great escape for me but as I grew older, it seemed like I didn't continue with the aforementioned passion for literature. Having books to me means having the knowledge of past generations in a convenient and portable rectangular package; a book can show you life lessons that you would have never imagined possible.
What I'm looking forward to in this class is regaining that fire and admiration for reading to be able to just grab a book and enjoy it's company. You might be wondering why my high school classes didn't ignite my literary flame and I have an answer: my high school English classes were in all honesty a joke. The material that was covered and the literature I was exposed to actually inhibited my chances to enjoy reading again. It is important for me to enjoy reading because not only was it something I remember being fun but also it could further improve my grades here in Davis.
A book is more than just a bunch of pages bundled together; it's the doorway to knowledge and information. Having books can ultimately be the reason you succeed in life because the information locked away inside of them is important. The only way to retrieve that information, however, is by sitting down and reading that piece of literature, one page at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment